FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Being a small business owner comes with a set of challenges and rewards. Many people are drawn to entrepreneurship for the freedom and flexibility it can afford. As a business owner you are responsible on two levels:
- for your own financial security and that of your family, and
- for the financial well-being of the business and your employees.
We are familiar with these challenges: both as business owners ourselves, and of course through the extensive work we do with our business owner clients.
For business owners, our services include:
- Assessment of the company’s current retirement plan(s)
- Assessment of your group benefits through our strategic relationships
- Review of your commercial P&C insurance
- Design tax planning strategies that are favorable to you as the employer, considering the short and long-term implications
- Multi-life disability planning
- Disability gap planning for the highly compensated, key people, and owners. Existing employer-paid group disability plans often leave a sizable gap between actual income and the allowable monthly benefit
- Developing business continuation or exit strategies for the owner, including strategies to replace the owner's income and maintain your standard of living after exit from the business
- As part of our services, for qualified businesses, we provide a Preliminary Business Evaluation as part of our services.
Ultimately, business owners are also individuals and can benefit from the work we do with our individual and family clients.
The information contained herein is being provided with the understanding that it is not intended to be interpreted as specific legal or tax advice. Neither MassMutual nor any of its employees or agents are authorized to give legal or tax advice. Individuals are encouraged to seek the guidance of their own personal legal or tax counsel.